من و دکترای حرفه ای فیزیوتراپی DPT
ایجاد دکترای حرفه ای فیزیوتراپی DPT
Degree awarded: Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy (t-D.P.T)
Duration: 2 Years
Level: Post Graduate
Eligibility: Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy (B.S.P.T) minimum 60%marks in aggregate with HEC equivalency.
Course: Semester Based (4-Semesters) Each semester duration will be 6-months.
Credit Hours: 60- credit Hours
Academic department: Department of Health & Medical Sciences
Contact email: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact telephone: UAN: 111-510-510
Transition Arrangements - Doctor of Physical Therapy
Transition Flow Chart
What is a Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy?
A Transitional Doctor of Physical therapy (t- D.P.T) is a professional Doctorate, a higher level qualification than a Bachelor degree, offering more intense clinical training and preparing graduates for higher-level work and better career outcomes. Graduates possess the most current knowledge in the field of physical therapy. The "transition" DPT is the degree conferred upon successful completion of a postprofessional physical therapist education program. The "transition" DPT is intended for practicing physical therapists.Program content include clinical decision-making, physical therapy diagnosis and screening, diagnostic imaging, pharmacology, health care systems, business, and economics, outcomes measurement, patient/client management, clinical research, principles of evidenced-based practice, specific content related to the musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiovascular-pulmonary and integumentary systems, professional issues, and applied case-based analysis or capstone.
What is the difference between PhD and DPT?
The Doctor of Physical therapy is different from the academic research-based degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). Both degrees involve mastering a body of knowledge in the particular field of study. The DPT degree (conferred at completion of a professional PT program or a post professional transition program) is considered a clinical or applied doctorate similar to those for ,Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS),Doctor of Education (EdD), Doctor of Psychology (PsyD), Doctor of Optometry (OD), and Doctor of Podiatric Medicine(DPM). The t-DPT degree signifies that the learner will apply the newly acquired knowledge – most likely in a clinical setting. The PhD is an academic degree that reflects, in addition to the mastering of a body of knowledge in the particular field of study, completion of an original scholarly work that adds to the body of knowledge in the discipline.
Pre-requisites for t-DPT program:
• Four-year Bachelor of Science in Physical therapy (B.S, PT) or equivalent qualification from any HEC recognized university.
• Transcripts from all professional and post professional degree programs.
• Personal letter to state goals and objectives, why to have a DPT?
• Completion of an academic institution application.
Why is it important for clinicians to acquire the t-DPT?
The t.DPT is not required for the practice of physical therapy. Currently B.S, PT is the minimum requirement for an individual to be called physical therapist but since the physical therapy profession is growing nationally and internationally and the field of physical therapy is expending so due to those changes physical therapists will have to acquire higher qualification and new skills to face new challenges. There are several reasons for acquiring a DPT:
• There is value in any educational experience that augments knowledge, skills, and behaviors in a way that will help better position a practitioner in a very uncertain health care environment.
• The t-DPT program will provide practitioners with a degree-based opportunity to acquire new knowledge, skills, and behaviors and to do so with colleagues who bring a wealth of experience in the application of the science and art of physical therapy.
• Today, preparation to be a physical therapist requires an educational experience that is, in fact, commensurate with doctoral preparation; the DPT is the appropriate degree for that preparation.
• The t-DPT program provides the licensed physical therapist to achieve degree parity with graduates of professional physical therapist education programs.
• The DPT is the foundation of a doctoring profession; the doctorally-prepared practitioner will be perceived as possessing all of the rights, privileges, and obligations associated with being a member of a doctoring profession.
[ 88/02/25 ] [ 17:9 ] [ فیزیوتراپی - NUMSS - فرجود شکوهی ] [ ]